Overlooking Perranporth Beach, Cornwall
Perranporth is one of the top surfing beaches and surfboards and wetsuits are available for hire from the beach and town.
With its superb 3 mile long beach of golden sand and rock pools, Perranporth is also an excellent family beach. Perranporth beach is dog-friendly.
The Watering Hole is a popular eating place right on the beach and there are many other restaurants and cafes in the town including 'The Green Parrot', a Wetherspoon's pub.
Other local attractions include:
- Perranporth Golf Club's 18 hole cliff top golf course, designed by the Open Champion James Baird.
- The coastal path which runs past Tregundy Farmhouse and leads to St Agnes (3 miles) and in the other direction to Newquay.
- Perranporth Airfield which offers flying tuition, self-fly hire and, in the summer season, scenic trips for holiday makers.
- Boating lake, hard and grass tennis courts and a bowling green in Perranporth where visitors are always welcome.
- Riding stables close by for both the novice and the more experienced rider.
- Cycle route from Devoran to Portreath along old Mineral Tramways. Cycles can be hired from Bissoe Tramways Cycle Hire.